Castle Square, the Sheffield based advisory firm, continues to advise Colonial Group International, the Bermuda-based Financial Services company with operations throughout the Caribbean including Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Cayman and Turks and Caicos Islands. With equity of over than $200 million, Colonial manages over $300 million in Gross Written Premium (GWP) income and over $85 million in pension contributions annually.
Having previously held investments in the UK, Colonial is looking to strengthen its international operations through targeted acquisitions in Europe and the Caribbean.
Castle Square has provided financial advice to Colonial on its international expansion through the provision of transaction support and advisory services including;
- Evaluation and commentary on value.
- Commentary and advice on transaction structure and negotiation with the target company and advisors.
- Financial review of the target and commentary on its impact on valuation and transaction structure.
Opportunities reviewed include:
- £20 Million GWP income Managing General Agent (UK).
- £3 Million Fee income IFA and pension administration group (UK).
- $17 Million GWP Income general insurance (US Virgin Islands).
- $5 Million GWP income general insurance (Turks and Caicos).
Steve Bell, Director at Castle square said, “We are delighted to be a trusted advisor to the Colonial Group for their strategic acquisitions. Colonial has a clear strategy to diversify through targeted acquisitions and through our understanding of this strategy we are able to provide structured advice that addresses the key criteria set out by the Board, adding real value to the transaction process.”